Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Artist Statement

Such a big week this week.  I have been madly writing about my work.  It is utterly exhausting.  But I have applied for a scholarship, an exhibition and tweaked my work proposal for assessment.  Now I am spent!  But everything is done.  Woo.

Here is my updated artist statement:

Naomi Nicholls’ work plays with colour and geometric abstraction to explore how we experience space, depicting the three dimensional in two dimensions. Shapes created through folding paper provided the initial impetus for this body of work which has evolved into a series of large wall installations, paintings on canvas and photographs. 

The work oscillates between different spatial readings, exploring form and generating images through reprographic processes; by going back and forth between the folded line, the folded form, and reproducing these lines and forms in various media.

No comments:

Post a Comment