Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ephemer-emeral

Since I started drawing with electrical tape, there have been a few little developments.  It helps to have potential art supplies all around you - one morning, staring into space, I noticed a ball of wool when I refocussed my eyes.  Of course!  I can do something with that. 

To the studio, not yet knowing what I was going to do with it, but with "drawing" shapes as the starting point.  In the studio I tried out making triangles from the wool (rather like Fred Sandback) over the corner where the electrical tape drawing was.


I pondered for a few days.  Didn't quite seem to be done...


Ah, that's better.  This was today.  

I have now documented, and taken it down - as I wanted the space for another similar work.  Always hate taking down ephemeral work.  It now only exists in the documentation :(

No comments:

Post a Comment