Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Space!

Isn't the word space just devine?  When I talk about my work or trying to make work, I often talk about "my space".  I totally overuse the word along with other arty terminology like "my practice" and "body of work".  Oh delight!

Anyway, I digress.  I have been wanting to create somewhere to paint at home.  A studio space.  After finishing uni for 2010, I felt completely lost without somewhere to work.  So at length, my husband and I cleared some space in a spare bedroom.  And he got me a lovely big trestle table for Christmas.  Presto - it's a studio space!

Now I have stick things up, and paint things, and leave things out and close the door etc.  And the natural light is good.  I think when we head toward shorter days of the middle of the year, I might have to invest in a good lamp to light my space.  Mmmmm space.  Am I rambling?

It is pleasant, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment