Sunday, November 7, 2010

Arthur Guy Memorial Painting Prize - Entry

This past week, I have been working on a painting for the Arthur Guy Memorial Painting Prize at the Bendigo Art Gallery.  Applications close this Friday, so I have to get a riggle on and get the entry in.  My understanding is that it's open to artists Australia-wide, so I'm not expecting to really be in the running for a prize - but I am really excited about entering something for the Bendigo Gallery.  A place where I wiled away many a pleasant hour as a teenager, staring adoringly at artworks and being facinated by the most contemporary artwork I'd seen at that time.  The possibility of just being part of the art prize exhibition, having a work shown in that gallery, would be a big thrill.

I did a painting last year based on Melbourne's whether, often described as "four seasons in one day".  The original painting was a good starting point, but I've played with the idea more this week and come up with this for the art prize.


60cm x 60cm, acrylic on canvas with texture paste underneath

There is more here to be explored here - will try out some other shapes and configurations.  But this is the one for the art prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment